National Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Careers in Agriculture Videos
This collection of 40 short videos highlights a wide variety of careers in agriculture and natural resources. Each video is one to four minutes long and features an interview with a professional working in an agricultural field. Give your students time to explore these videos on their own or select a few to show in class. Allow students to hear directly from a plant scientist, a cheese production manager, an algae farmer, or a GIS specialist and learn how these professionals chose the career paths that got them where they are today.
These videos can be used as a resource for any lesson on careers. You can also step through a Prezi presentation on Agricultural Careers.
Produced by Utah State University Extension, Agriculture in the Classroom with funding support provided by a USDA-SPECA grant
Utah Agriculture in the Classroom
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Build it Better
- DNA: Expressions in Agriculture
- Got Guts?
- Grow it Now, Drive it Later?
- Homes on the Range
- Journey 2050 Lesson 6: Careers for 2050 and Beyond! (Grades 6-8)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 6: Careers for 2050 and Beyond! (Grades 9-12)
- Planet Zorcon
- Roll of the Genes
- Significant Surroundings
- Source Search (Grades 3-5)
- Source Search (Grades 6-8)
- Think in Pictures: Like Dr. Grandin (Grades 6-8)